Thursday, March 25, 2010

Big Island!

We're flying to the Big Island tomorrow! It's just a day trip, and we're leaving really early in the morning (like 5am!) and coming back late at night. The main purpose of our trip is to look at real estate; my family is going to pool our money and hopefully buy some land where we can build our dream house. As you guys probably know, everything is crazy expensive in Hawai`i, which is why I've lived in an apartment my whole life... the only way we'll all be able to get a house right now is if we all work together, and we move to a neighbor island.


This property is near Volcano National park and not too far from Hilo... isn't it pretty? We're looking at building our dream house (my dad is a contractor, so its totally possible)... my part of it will definitely include a craft room/ workshop! Wish me luck!

5 comments:

  1. Oh good luck!!!! I was born in Honolulu and it was a wonderful place to live when I was small!!!!! I wish I lived there still!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! It's awesome that your family wants to work together on this, it says a lot about your relationship. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. much luck to you and your family!!:OD i want to move to hawai'i one day. i've lived in the san francisco area my whole life and i love it but i 'm getting tired of this area too many "ghosts" who seem to pop up at random times(ex boyfriends and friends)i too have lived in apartments my whole life so i understand the need for space:O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My cousin lives on the Big Island and she bought a house up there for less than what O'ahu costs. Hawaii families gotta stick together ne?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what an amazing dream to see unfolding before you. I've never been to Hawaii, but from what I've seen and heard I can only imagine how wonderful it is to live there. (^___^)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...