Saturday, July 24, 2010

I'm back!

From where I am taking the picture to a little past my dad (the guy in black) down at the other end... that's the size of our HUUUUUGE property!

I'm back, and I had a wonderful trip! The Big Island was GORGEOUS as usual, and it was nice to have a little vacation. We checked out our property and it grew so much in just a few months... the grass is really tall now! Also, we found out that they are going to be paving the road in front of our property (it was previously a gravel road) which was a super nice surprise... we literally drove up to the property and saw some construction peoples and they told us they were paving :D

Ohia Lehua... even the little buds are so pretty!

I was able to get a lot of work done this past week after I got back from the Big Island, so I'm considering opening my shop up for a week with some new amigurumi and pouches and stuff, and then putting it on vacation until mid-August or so... I'm starting a newish job at the end of August so I want to make sure I get enough time to do research for school stuff before I do more fun berrysprite stuff. We'll see. Anyway, it's good to be back, even if it is just for a week or so :D

Just thought I'd share a couple of pictures from my trip... I ended up not taking that many and just taking in the scenery with my own eyes (like that John Mayer song, haha!)


Some endangered Nene geese that flew right next to us while we were sitting at the park


Halemaumau Crater... you used to be able to hike to the rim (I liked to stand on the edge!) but they've closed everything off South of the crater... the trails, the roads, everything!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...