Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Hoisin Ribs Recipe


Ohmygoodness, it's been a whole week since I've blogged! I'm so sorry you had to wait for an new post [although if you did have to wait that makes me feel fuzzy, because it means you like reading my blog!] Anyway, not much going on around here in the way of crafting. It has been getting a little cooler weatherwise, though, which is divine because although I like the sun (you kinda have to if you live in Hawai`i!) my ultimate favorite weather is overcast, rainy and cool weather. One of my dreams is to someday visit Ireland and run around on those green hills they have... in the misty rain of course!


Since it's turning a bit cooler, I made some saimin/ ramen (if you're ever in Hawai`i and you order saimin, you'll get ramen; but the fresh kine, not the freeze dried package you can buy for like $0.10). On top I put fresh green onions, fishcake and some really delicious hoisin pork I made... it's really good, and I thought I'd share the recipe with you guys! If you like char siu pork, you'll like this! If you don't eat pork, it'd probably be just as good with chicken!

Hoisin Ribs:
boneless pork (I used "boneless country ribs"... whatever that cut of meat is; also this recipe makes a lot of sauce so you can make a lot or a little meat!)
1 jar of hoisin sauce (8 oz; I dunno a good substitute... go to your Asian grocery!)
1/2 cup of ketchup
2 teaspoons of minced garlic (or more!)
1/2 cup of honey
* I also put in 1/2 a jar of plum sauce (8/2= 4 oz), but I recently tried it with cranberry sauce and it came out lovely! *

Preheat oven to 375°F ( I actually use 400°F, but my oven runs cold). Put all ingredients into a gallon size ziploc bag, and marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour. Place pork into a foil lined baking pan, reserve the ziploc of sauce. Bake pork. After 30 minutes turn pieces and drain any liquid. Bake for another 30 minutes or until fully cooked (they should still be moist though... not dried out). Place cooked pieces back into the ziploc (it may help to do this over a sink) and shake in order to coat pieces with sauce entirely. Place back into the pan, and broil for approximately 10 minutes, or until sauce caramelizes on pork.

3 comments:

  1. Ireland? Really? We have the most schizophrenic weather over here. Right now it's overcast, an hour ago it was sunny, last night it was pelting hailstones, last week it was dry.... and I live in a city, so green fields aren't on my agenda everyday. Later though... later today. :)

    Come visit us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I was waiting hehe I check here everyday ^_~ always wondering what the next cute and inspiring thing you'll have posted next LOL. Seeing your art and crafts make me really want to keep going with mine ^_^

    These look Delicious I'll have to try and make them.

    Hugs and Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmmmmm yummy!!! im hungry now! ^^

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...