Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Square credit card reader

Speaking of ipods....Although I haven't tried to sell my berrysprite stuff at any other venue besides etsy, I would really like to sell at craft fairs someday. Accepting credit cards is a big issue for sellers; if you don't accept credit cards, often you miss out on a lot of sales. However, if you do accept credit cards, sometimes it's hard to get a reliable card reader, and you may end up in a worst case scenario where you have to phone in every credit transaction. The horror!


Luckily I found out about Square...If you guys have an ipod touch or an iphone and you do a lot of craft fairs, I would highly recommend you looking into this little credit card reader! The company and card reader were featured in Time Magazine last year as one of the 50 best inventions of 2010, and I just recently got my own. I know that many people use propay or other credit card services for their crafty businesses, but I was really attracted to Square because: 1. the card reader is free, 2. there is no monthly plan/ charges, no setup fee, no contract and no hidden fees. 3. I have an ipod touch!!!


I found it easy to sign up on their website, and I got my card reader in about 2 weeks. Although I haven't done a test run yet, from the reviews I've read it seems to work spot on all the time! If you are interested in a Square, I would recommend that you also look into wireless internet service for your ipod/ipod touch... that way you can be sure you always have the ability to take credit cards!

5 comments:

  1. ~ * ♥ * ~

    Oh wow, this sounds like a fantastic gadget! If I ever manage to get to a craft fair I shall have to look into buying this. Thank you for the review Holly! : D

    xox,
    bonita of Depict This!
    ~ * ♥ * ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very cool. Looking into it, uh, wait, my son just said our reader will be delivered in 3-7 days. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!! whenever i go to craft shows i make sure i have more cash than i usually carry which is around $20.i'm more of a credit than cash person.:o(
    technology is so amazing. i must be one of the last people in the world who doesn't own a iphone or ipod or a smartphone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    We do a few craft shows during the Holiday season and you really need to be able to except credit cards or else you would loss a lot of sales. We have use a knuckle buster machine which comes with a lot of fees. We are going to looking into this square gadget further if we can avoid the fees. Thanks for the heads up.
    Swirly Designs

    ReplyDelete
  5. These actually work with just about every smart phone that can download apps. I have a Droid X and I LOVE my square. ^^

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...